Thursday, August 13, 2009

Where are they now…


I have decided to do some research and find out were some of our old used and broken down Toronto FC players have fallen. The first guy on my list is Andy Welsh. A very curious looking fellow. While with the team he had 20 appearances and 1 goal. He played in the inaugural season and was released and given permission to go to Blackpool for free.
Some interesting tidbits I did not know about Andy. Apparently Toronto had to negotiate a deal with Sunderland to get the rights to mr.welsh! (Why did we let him go for free?) At Blackpool he managed 0 goals and then moved to Yeovil Town F.C. were he continues to enjoy his success with 38 appearances and 0 goals.


Yeovil is in England somewhere (I think). They play their games in League 1. The ground they play at is called Huish park and has a Capacity of 9,665 (5,212 Seated) Wooooweee. I was checking out Andy’s profile on the Yeovil Town F.C. website I noticed there is no record of him ever playing for TFC!!! I don’t get it. Are we that dirty secret you have to keep hidden away. Are you ashamed of us! It’s Yeovil no one in Yeovil should look down on you for playing 20 games in Toronto. Joking aside Andy was a good footballer for TFC he had a nice cross, an awkward run, and a head that looked like an eraser! Good luck Andy.


No comments:

Post a Comment