Saturday, August 1, 2009

TFC vs. New England Revolution... tonight


Today is an almost soccer filled day for me as I am watching Arsenal play Athletico Madrid for the Emirates cup (on GOL TV) this morning. Tonight TFC faces off against the New England Revolution (the Rev’s). I am almost at a lose for words when it comes to TFC now. Do I want them to put out there best line-up tonight. YES. But will that mean we are going to get ousted from Champions league on Tuesday against PRI? I hope not. It would be nice if our man MO would give us some depth that we desperately need. If Amado is not at 100% I do not think we have a chance in either game. It clearly looks to me that Serioux is Seriouxly injured right now and probably needs a bit of a break. He looks a little ginger walking on and off the field before and after games.

Chris Cummins commented on the game tonight “I don’t think it’s a must-win, but I do think it’s a game that we can’t lose, just to keep that distance between us, By all means we’d love to go there and get the three points but if we go there and get a point, we can build on that. What we can’t do is go in there gung-ho, and go all-out attacking and lose the game. It’s important we come away with something — even if it’s a point, it gives us a bit of confidence going into the next game.”



I’d say every game is crucial especially when there is no sign of any help on the way to the team. They are looking pretty desperate right now. With a game tonight against the REV’s, then Tuesday against PRI, then Friday against Real Madrid, and just coming off the midweek lose to PRI. Can’t wait to see Ibrahim back in the line-up at least he shows promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment