Friday, August 21, 2009

Can DeRo be Stopped?


Will DeRo break his career high with his hometown reds? I sure hope so. Since the move was made to sign THE HeRo DeRo I have contemplated many times whether or not it was a good move or just another move from MLSE to sell more tickets. Dwayne had his best output in 2006 while playing with Houston 11 goals in 30 games. This season he has 9 goals in 19 games with 9 games to go in the season. I think it’s fair to say that in the last nine games Dwayne has a very good chance at making this season one of his best to date. Hopefully his knees don’t give out while he tries to carry the rest of the guys into the play-offs. At this point of the season looks like giving up Julius was a good plan.

Our guys (TFC) are headed to L.A. to face Chivas tomorrow night. We will be facing our next 3 opponents on the road. ARG!$@# To top it all off it looks like Jesús might be in the line-up for Chivas on Saturday! Ya that’s right Jesús Padilla on loan from sister club Chivas de Guadalajara, and will be eligible to play against Toronto FC on Saturday. I heard they are giving out free T-shirts and kids can go see the game for free. Why don’t we ever get deals like that? I think I could pass as a 12yr old. I can at least think like one.

Not sure how I feel about this little bit of news out of Columbus. The Crew defeated the Puerto Rico Islanders 2-0 in CONCACAF Champions league on Tuesday. Really? I hate both teams. Columbus sucks cause they are in Columbus and I am still a little sore about getting bumped out by the Islanders a USL club!

Let’s not forget to thank Travis for his Uxbridge under 10 update the other day! Good job Travis make sure you keep the big white van in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment