Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Liverpool Balloon incident


This weekend there was a great goal scored by Darren Bent of Sunderland vs. Liverpool. It went off a beach ball. To funny. The goal should have been disallowed with a drop ball given after the intervention of an 'outside agent', but referee Mike Jones allowed it to stand.

Reina told a Spanish radio station: "It was such bad luck. I lost sight of the official ball and stayed on the red one.

"When he shot, it startled me and I went for the red ball instinctively as it was the closest to me and the other went past me. It all happened very quickly.

"This had never happened before in my life. I didn't know what to do.

"A lot of things were going through my head but I honestly thought that the goal would stand and no-one was going to disallow it."

Well Pepe... (Pepe LOL) I am sure you never had to deal with a beach ball in the past but I am guessing you are going to have to deal with a lot more soon enough. Apparently the Liverpool online store is sold out of beach kits. The suspicion is that the £10 kits – including towel and ball – had been bought by Manchester United fans for their visit to Anfield in the Premier League on Sunday.

Don't forget your sunscreen



No comments:

Post a Comment