Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Coach says backup goalkeeper 'deserves a chance'....


There is a story in today's Toronto Star that indicates Brian Edward's is going to be the man this weekend.

Looks like Edwards for FC's last stand

This should be a good thing. I like Edwards in net right now only because he has played reasonably well over the past 2 games. It was only last season that John Carver thought so highly of Brian Edwards that he awarded him the starting job over Gregg Sutton. This distresses me a little cause I don't know how I feel about any of Carver's decisions.

Also I found out that The Red Bulls will honor forward Juan Pablo Angel and defender Mike Petke for reaching milestones, after the team’s season finale against Toronto FC Saturday.

I can not believe they are honouring people after having such a shitty season. Couldn't they wait till next season. Unless of course Angel has played his last MLS game leaving room for much rumoured Thierry Henry.


Speaking of rumours I heard a good one today. Apparently Jeff Cunningham is rumoured to head to Reading. This is the guy that EX-TFC coach John Carver said "I am thinking, ‘How did he score 99 goals?’ That’s what I thought.’"

Like I said at the top. I don't know how to feel about Carvers decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment