Friday, September 25, 2009

TFC vs. Columbus first game next season

Crew in Columbus on March 27th... TFC season opener.

I have a few thoughts on this and none of them are good. I think that the brain trust at the MLS has been working overtime. They know that the past 2 seasons Columbus vs. Toronto at the beginning of the season was a hit. well screw that... Apparently they were not paying to much attention. Otherwise they would have noticed the away fan attendance dwindle last season. They should have noticed in forums, newspapers and websites that traveling fans were getting pissed.

I went to the First BIG Columbus road trip. It was tons of fun but we were treated like shit and the people on Columbus made fans feel un-welcome. I went to the 2nd BIG road trip to Columbus and it happened again X2. Although Dave and Trav witnessed drunk boobs for the first time. How can the MLS expect us to travel to Columbus again? It is a shitty trip. I am not going (or at least at the time of this posting I am not going).

Reasons I do not like the idea of going back;

-Un-Organized
-Long ass drive
-No benefits for going other than supporting my team that can not beat Columbus anyways
-Treated like shit
-treated like shit just in case you missed the last one

I was really hoping the season would start in New England, Chicago or New York. Really those are places I would like to go to. It is difficult to justify to the wife why I need to go to an away game. First game of the season kinda fly's. Why would I want to waste it on Columbus!

I have been so annoyed about this announcement that I have not checked out the Red Patch Boys website to see the reaction they have but I am willing to bet it is similar to mine.

I hate Columbus.

I will probably go anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment