Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TFC improves playoff chances

I was away at the cottage over the weekend. So it took me a while to get caught up on the weekend football action. I watched the TFC game last night and it was very entertaining. I was a little disappointed to not see DeGuzman in the line-up.

De Rosario's goal in the 19th minute ended a 313-minute scoreless drought for Toronto FC. Rookie O'Brian White and defender Nana Attakora scored three minutes apart in the second half to help Toronto FC with a 3-2 victory over the Colorado Rapids!! I loved the fact that all 3 of the TFC goals are gems.



Ali Gerba looked better than he has in his last appearances I know some people would argue that with me but this is my blog so I can say what I want. He had some pretty close chances and debatable non calls. Nice to see Felinga finally or did I? Didn't really notice him out there that could be good and bad I guess. Overall I was impressed with the game but I still hate Chris Cummins.


Greg Sutton still wants to play

There is an article on the CBC website about Sutton still looking for some playing time.

"I'd like to keep playing as long as Pat," Sutton admitted. "Realistically, if I can keep playing for another five years I'd be pretty happy. That would take me to 37 and I could say I had a pretty good career."

That is nice to see. I really enjoyed watching Greg playing for TFC and I wish him the best of luck.

Jeff Cunningham gets his 3rd player of the week award in 11 weeks.

EX-TFC forward and now FC Dallas forward Jeff Cunningham was voted Major League Soccer’s Player of the Week for Week 26 of the 2009 season. The 12-year veteran now ranks second in the Budweiser Golden Boot race with 12 goals this season, behind leader Conor Casey (13) and ahead of third-place Fredy Montero (11).

Check out the story HERE

It is always a little painful to see when EX TFC players are doing so well. Cunningham chasing Casey. shit.





No comments:

Post a Comment