Thursday, July 30, 2009

Toronto FC Blows... Champions Opener


I am honestly going to lose my mind if I hum and ha about what to write about last nights game. What a shit show. TFC must have one of the worst managers in football history. Come on you dickhead enough with the set plays for every corner kick… you guys clearly did not practice any of them. WTF!! If you are going to suck that badly play Velez. I take back the comment from earlier in the week when I said a monkey with a bag of shit couldn’t make a bigger mess than he does. The whole “D” sucked some serious balls. They have no idea how to move the ball up the pitch to the strikers. Normally I would say that Frei had a great game but seriously that goal was his fault... I am positive you could blame most of the team for it but at the end of the day it’s up to him to stop it. I honestly thought I heard that the Gambian kids were going to be solid players for us. Gomez in my opinion was really not that great. I don’t think a champion’s league game is the time to test the water with new talent. ARGH so frustrated about the game... Anyways in case you did not know we lost 1-0. TFC had a few decent chances but in no way dominated the game. In fact the game was awfully boring. So here are some links to stories about the game

New York Times
CBC
MLS

1 comment:

  1. Gomes wasn't bad, but I agree that moving the ball up the field was a problem. I would say that the bigger problem was that our wingers were crossing balls into the box blindly leaving our strikers scrambling to try to get on to them. Plus our strikers couldn't hit the net to save their lives... weak showing all around.

    ReplyDelete