Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gerba playing like Barrett


I read this story this morning on the CBC Website Toronto FC falls to River Plate in friendly .

I found it a little frustrating. Using the terms "Talk about the Christians being thrown to the lions" and " Buenos Aires powerhouse " I think are used very loosely. River Plate the 33-time champions of Argentina finished dead last in Primera DivisiĆ³n Argentina 2008–09. They Mustered up a beautiful 2 wins in the season. I think the Article should have been on the FACT that Gerba missed golden opportunities last night looking a lot like Chad Barrett. We may have a TFC striker jinx in the making. Looking at past strikers that have played the position for the Red's, Cunningham, Samuel, Eskandarian, now Barrett, and Vitti.. I think the team needs to do some serious research in shaking jinx. Otherwise Gerba could be the next in a long list of strikers to follow in those footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment