Friday, May 21, 2010

Pirès thinks Philly is a shitty town

Robert Pirès thinks Philly is a shitty place to live. That is AWESOME! He wont play on Philly cause it's not nice. He would rather live in a nice place like Henry in New York. WOW. So I wonder how Toronto holds up? I wonder what cities meet his standards other than New York? maybe San Jose, Seattle, and L.A.

Anyways I read the following at the MLS website.

NEW YORK – Former French World Cup winner Robert Pirès, who was being pursued by the Philadelphia Union as a Designated Player, has come out publicly and stated that he will not be joining the MLS expansion club because the city’s not nice enough.
“[Philadelphia] is not very appealing to me,” the Frenchman told L’Equipe. “I don’t want to be difficult, but if I’m leaving to take my family far away, I prefer that it’s in a beautiful city.”
Making the matter worse for Philly fans is what Pirès had to say about the arrival of Thierry Henry in New York with the Red Bulls.
“I hope for him that he can go out there,” Pirès said of his former Arsenal teammate. “Now that’s a beautiful city.”
The 36-year-old told the French sports daily that he now waiting for other proposals and, if he does not receive any, he’s content to hang his boots. His preference, however, would be to take on one more challenge, possibly with a club in France.
Spanish club Villarreal decided not to renew his contract after the 2009-2010 European season although Pirès says that he would have wanted to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment